Make Voting Easy For Yourself

This is year that I’ve actually taken the time to think about who I'm voting for in the general election. Shock, I know. But if you want to have your say in what may change your life within the next five years, then vote. It's not as scary as you may think.


If someone was to talk to me about a general election a few years ago, I would’ve probably waffled on because, let’s be honest, they don’t make it very clear. I never understood what the different parties claimed to be and do because they fluffed and used jargon that we don’t understand. Even to this day, they don't make it as clear as they should.

Politics, Brexit, healthcare, immigration, education, housing, welfare, pensions. These are only some of the categories that will affect me in the next five years until the next general election comes along.
So why now? Why do I particularly care this year?

Two years ago, I started working in my first job after graduating from university. Over a year ago, I moved in with boyfriend (now fiancé) and we’re getting married next year. Virtually a year ago, the result of Brexit washed across the country. All of these things will affect my immediate future. I want what’s best for Tom and myself as we become a family and anything I can do to change or influence that, then I will.

I’m hoping people reading this will understand that if you are old enough to vote and have registered to vote, take your time to try and dig and find information on the party you think you want to vote for… or even the party you don’t want to vote for before this Thursday. You still have time.

I wanted to make it very easy for myself...

·         Watch YouTube manifestos.
Tom and I have watched YouTube videos that bullet point each parties points so we don’t bore ourselves having to read things we don’t necessarily want to know about. We can listen to it whilst making dinner or even doing the ironing.

·         Take a multiple choice Q&A.

Rather than making the decision yourself, get a quiz to analyse your thoughts and give the answer for you. I recommended visiting this website https://gb.isidewith.com/ . Tom and I took the quiz and it took 5-10 minutes to answer 36 questions and it gave us an in depth result with what we answered.

You still have time, so why not watch a video or take 10 minutes out of your lunch break to do the quiz. It may even change your mind about who you're voting for.

Comments